What makes a pet site stand out?

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
What makes a pet site stand out from the crowd? Is it their graphics, features or their community? How much of an impact do you think graphics has on a pet site from standing out?

It's so hard to stand out, especially nowadays with the industry decling to mobile and console games. I feel like game owners have to work even harder to keep engagement high. I would say the best things a game owner can do to keep their game unique is to really cultivate a unique style--in lore, art, and features.

Reactions: cpvr
I agree with what Diem said.
Art and lore I feel has a heavy impact on making the game stand out.
(Probably gonna also say the site's layout/theme also has a hand in making the site appealing or not as well)

I agree with what Diem said.
Art and lore I feel has a heavy impact on making the game stand out.
(Probably gonna also say the site's layout/theme also has a hand in making the site appealing or not as well)
Do you think if a site has a lot of features/content, but has an unappealing theme can effect whether or not, the site will be successful?

Navigation I feel is pretty important.

Most pet sites I've seen have a long list of click-through links along the side. I understand that they are all there to get you somewhere specific, but this is where I feel the layout is pretty important.

Navigation I feel is pretty important.

Most pet sites I've seen have a long list of click-through links along the side. I understand that they are all there to get you somewhere specific, but this is where I feel the layout is pretty important.
I agree. An easy to navigate pet site is key and I think it helps users stick around a lot longer as well.

Graphics for me. If the art looks good then that gains my interest. Features too, but art/graphics is what makes me want to play.

When it comes to pets standing out for me, I would have to say that it tends to not only be the graphics but also the kind of pet it is as well. For example, if there is a pet that is a cat, that would draw my attention as I love cats as opposed to another type of animal.

Has anyone here been drawn towards a pet because it's something they love?