What’s your favorite social media site?

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
I remember when MySpace was the only social media site that was available online. However, there’s a lot of different social media websites that people can use now.

Such as; Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and tumblr.

So, what’s your favorite social media site? How often do you use your favorite social media site?

I remember when MySpace was the only social media site that was available online. However, there’s a lot of different social media websites that people can use now.

So, what’s your favorite social media site? How often do you use your favorite social media site?

I use Reddit far more than I should - especially for topics like worldnews, the events in HK, etc, etc. Its just because there is a subreddit for basically everything.

Apart from that, if something is trending // something important is happening I also follow Twitter - but ive never really posted on Twitter (examples are the events in China with Covid and Qinni's passing).

I sometimes visit tumblr or surf Instagram for; Art, Language learning or Asian drama clips/reposts.

Reactions: cpvr
I use Reddit far more than I should - especially for topics like worldnews, the events in HK, etc, etc. Its just because there is a subreddit for basically everything.

Apart from that, if something is trending // something important is happening I also follow Twitter - but ive never really posted on Twitter (examples are the events in China with Covid and Qinni's passing).

I sometimes visit tumblr or surf Instagram for; Art, Language learning or Asian drama clips/reposts.
How long have you been a member of Reddit? I'm a huge lurker of Reddit from to time. I'm more active on Twitter than Facebook though. How has Tumblr changed(if at all) since Wordpress purchased it from Verizon?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/aug/12/verizon-tumblr-sale-automattic

How long have you been a member of Reddit? I'm a huge lurker of Reddit from to time. I'm more active on Twitter than Facebook though. How has Tumblr changed(if at all) since Wordpress purchased it from Verizon?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/aug/12/verizon-tumblr-sale-automattic

My current account is about 4 years I think. But I did start looking when in university so that was actually around.. 8/9 years ago. I just never actually had an account.

I'm not avidly into Tumblr but it has changed quite a lot since I used to use it properly (again, when at University). Certainly doesn't feel mobile friendly, either that or the navigation is just awful..

I know this thread is a few years old, but it's always fun to look back at how social media has evolved. MySpace holds a special place in our hearts, right?
Back then, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr were gaining popularity as the new wave of social media sites. Each platform had its unique features and communities to explore.
So, cpvr, since this thread is from a few years back, I'm curious: Have your social media preferences changed over time? Is there a new favorite platform in your life now?

@alaferguson I still prefer to use facebook and twitter to communicate with friends and family, but I also use reddit & tumblr from time to time. I like watching tiktok videos and youtube videos.

Facebook used to be my favourite but I found it started to get too much with drama and people making our their lives were so perfect online so I started using Twitter more and that has become my new favourite.

I am the X app favourite. I don't visit other apps the way that I visit the X app and what makes it more fulfilling is that it is the app where I sell my products as well.

I am the X app favourite. I don't visit other apps the way that I visit the X app and what makes it more fulfilling is that it is the app where I sell my products as well.
I use X/twitter a lot as well. I’ve been using it since it opened up to the public. I find a lot of interesting discussions on there. It’s a good social media site with a lot to offer.
I wish they would of kept the real time feed updates though. I don’t like how they separated the tabs with “for you” and the “following” tab.
I really don't have a favorite, but If I had to pick one, it would be Facebook. Because all my friends and family are on Facebook.
This is actually why I continue to use facebook. I have all my friends from school on my facebook and family members from all over. I have family in Africa, Florida and Massachusetts, so it’s a lot easier to stay connected with them.

I use X/twitter a lot as well. I’ve been using it since it opened up to the public. I find a lot of interesting discussions on there. It’s a good social media site with a lot to offer.
I wish they would of kept the real time feed updates though. I don’t like how they separated the tabs with “for you” and the “following” tab.

This is actually why I continue to use facebook. I have all my friends from school on my facebook and family members from all over. I have family in Africa, Florida and Massachusetts, so it’s a lot easier to stay connected with them.

I read Elon talking about some updates coming on the X app. Let's hope they get that part of the app fixed so users can get posts seen as it is posted.